On Wednesday, November 16th, a fire broke out in a Peruvian shopping mall called Larcomar. The fire killed four people and injured many.
Larcomar is a shopping mall in Lima´s district of Miraflores. In addition to various shops and restaurants, it has a movie theater on the lower level of the mall.
It was in this movie theater that the fire broke out. Officials believe that it started due to failure in the electrical wiring of the theater.
Specifically, it is believed that there was a short circuit in the electrical system of one of the rooms (more…)