Peru competes at World Travel Awards 2018 in 21 categories
The Andean country Peru is competing in 21 different categories at the World Travel Awards 2018. This prize recognizes, celebrates, and a rewards excellence in all areas of the tourism industry.
Peru is a strong contestant since it has been named already several times best country to visit in South America for its cultural, gastronomical, and natural characteristics than attract more and more visitors from all around the world.
Director of Tourism of the Commission for the Promotion of Exports and Tourism (Promperú), Marisol Acosta, commented that there also other ways of tourism being promoted and that each of them has a big potential for development. According to Acosta, Peru is offering the perfect conditions to promote and develop each type of tourism. Tourism niches are being created to attract more visitors. For example, whale watching in the north of Peru.
For Promperú, the fact that Peru has very receptive tourism makes it possible to be a part of the World Travel Awards 2018 in 21 different categories.
Peru is hoping to win awards in the following categories:
- Best destination for adventure tourism leader
- Leading beach destination, with the Máncora spa
- Leading business travel destination, with the city of Lima
- Tourism Council of the leading city, with the Convention and Visitors Center of Lima
- Leading cruise destination
- Main culinary destination
- Leading cultural destination
- South America’s leading destination, with the city of Lima
- Lain destination of events and festivals in South America, with the city of Lima
- Green leader destination
- Nature destination leader in South America
- Leading river-cruise destination.
- Youth travel destination
- Most romantic destination in South America
- Leading sports tourism destination
- Leading tourist attraction, with Machu Picchu
- Whale watching destination
- Main tourism committee of South America, with Promperú.
Do you like to receive an update about Travel and Cultural news in Peru?