You will be picked up in the morning from your accommodation and transported to Patabamba, where we begin our hike. Along the Trail we pass the lagoon of Llaulliqocha (4000 meters alt.), the village of Pumamarka, crossing parts of the famous Inca Trail from time to time. We can also see the snowy peak mountain "Veronica". Arriving at Huchuy Q'osqo, have a box lunch, and enjoy a guided tour through the ruins. From here we walk down into the Sacred Valley to the village of Lamay, from where we will be transported to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo we will have dinner and then take the train to Aguas Calientes, where we stay the night in a hostel.
After an early breakfast we meet our guide and catch a bus up to Machu Picchu. The guided tour in the ruins lasts about two hours and then you will have free time to explore the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu by yourself. After this visit we return to the village of Aguas Calientes for lunch and finally take the train back to Cusco.
Price: Contact us
Please note that all itineraries are subject to change
Bring With You
- Hiking Shoes
- Raincoat or Poncho
- Warm Clothes
- Water Bottle
- Photo or Video Camera with equipment
- Insect Repellent
- Snacks (energy bars, chocolates, etc.)
- A Cap or Hat
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish)
- Transfer from and to accommodation in Cusco
- Trains Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes; Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Overnight stay at hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Bus one way Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Meals (exceptions, see below)
- Pre-departure orientation meeting
- Entrance to ruins of Huchuy Qosqo.
- Water and snacks
- A few meals: breakfast (day 1), lunch and dinner (day 2)
- Entrance to Wayna Picchu - can be booked with Dos Manos, please let us know in advance
- Possibly the most important thing to consider: a tip for your guide
- Special Discounts apply on fixed departure dates - Click here to check special departure dates.