You will be picked up from your accommodation in Cusco in the morning and transferred to the train station for the train to Machu Picchu. Enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way! We will get off at Km. 104 where the two-day hike starts. First we will pass the ruins of Chacchabamba (2250 mtrs).In the late afternoon we will continue our trip to the Puerta del Sol (Sun Gate or "Inti Punko") where you might see one of the most beautiful sun sets of your life! From here we will continue our hike to Aguas Calientes where we will sleep for the night in a hotel.
After a very early breakfast we will take the bus to arrive at the ruins of Machu Picchu for sunrise and before all other tourists arrive. (You also have the option to walk up). After that, our guide will give us a guided tour of about two and a half hours. After that we will have some time free to explore the ruins, wander around, and have lunch (not included). You have to be at the train station in Aguas Calientes in the afternoon to catch the train back to Cusco, where we will arrive in the evening.
Bus and Train
Price: Contact us
Please note that all itineraries are subject to change
Bring With You
- Hiking Shoes
- Raincoat or Poncho
- Warm Clothes
- Water Bottle
- Photo or Video Camera with equipment
- Insect Repellent
- Snacks (energy bars, chocolates, etc.)
- A Cap or Hat
- Professional bilingual guide (English - Spanish)
- Pick up from accommodation in Cusco and transfer to start of the trek
- All meals (exceptions, see below)
- First Aid Kit with oxygen
- Pre-departure orientation meeting
- Overnight in a hostel/hotel in Aguas Calientes (double room)
- Entrance fees to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu
- Return bus ticket Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu (day 2)
- Train back to Cusco (standard Expedition Service, if you would like to make a change to the service, or request a specific departure time, please let us know).
- Transfer from the train station back to accommodation in Cusco
- Wayna Picchu entrance - can be booked with Dos Manos
- A few meals are not included: Breakfast on day 1 and lunch and dinner on day 2
- Possibly the most important thing to consider: Tips for porters, guides, cooks
- Book an extra night in Aguas Calientes or pay an additional charge to upgrade the hotel or to book a single room.
- Carriers of an ISIC card receive a discount.
- Upgrade your return train (contact us for price information)
- Special Discounts apply on fixed departure dates - Click here to check special departure dates.