You will be picked up in the morning from your accommodation and transported to Tambo Machay, about half an hour from Cusco. Along the Trail we will pass the lagoon of Llaulliqocha (4000 meters alt.) and the village of Pukamarka. We will also cross parts of the famous Inca Trail from time to time and see the snowy peak of the mountain "Veronica". Around noon we arrive at Qoricocha Lagoon where we have lunch. After this we continue the hike to Huchuy Qosqo where we camp for the night.
The next day we have breakfast and take a guided tour through the ruins of Huchuy Qosqo. Following this, we begin our hike down to Lamay in the Sacred Valley. During the hike, you will have a spectacular view over the white mountain peaks of Veronica and Salkantay. We walk to the village of Tauca where we will have lunch. From here the group will travel to Chincheros (time permitting) and from there back to Cusco where you will arrive in the evening.
Price: Contact us
Please note that all itineraries are subject to change.
Bring With You
- Hiking shoes
- Warm Clothes
- Rain jacket or Poncho
- Water Bottle
- Hat against the sun
- High factor sun block
- Insect repellent
- Snacks (energy bars, chocolates etc.)
- Professional bilingual guide (English/Spanish)
- Transport (private service)
- All meals on the trail (there are exceptions, please see below)
- An extra horse on the trail for any emergencies that may arise
- Porters for the food and camping equipment
- Pre-departure orientation meeting
- Double occupancy tents (all new equipment!) with foam mattresses
- Camping Equipment: kitchen tent, dining tent, chairs, tables, toilet at all campsites
- Entrance to ruins of Uchuy Qosqo
- Water and snacks
- Sleeping bag (can be rented with Dos Manos)
- A few meals: breakfast (day 1) and dinner (day 2)
- Possibly the most important thing to consider: TIPS for porters, guides, cooks
- Special Discounts apply on fixed departure dates - Click here to check special departure dates.