Tour Uyuni Salt Lakes in Bolivia
Uyuni and beyond: highlights and tips.
A tour of the Salt Lakes of Uyuni and Southwestern Bolivia is not luxurious, comfortable, or warm. These desolate places are difficult to access and require a serious commitment to land travel. But the journey is absolutely worth the effort for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
- to sleep in a hotel made entirely of salt,
- to climb to 5000 meters and drive into the crater of an active volcano,
- to balance precariously on a Red Bull can in the world´s largest salt flats,
- to visit Fish Island only to discover that it is neither an island nor contains fish,
- to drive through the Salvador Dali desert and be witness to some of the most beautiful and barren scenery on the planet.