Q: What is the Boleto Turistico Cusco?
A: Boleto Turistico Cusco (or Cusco Tourist Ticket) is an entrance fee ticket. It allows you to get into some of the most popular sites and tourist attractions in Cusco and the surrounding areas.
There are also partial tickets, which allow you to get into some of these areas if you will only be visiting specific sites.
It’s not possible to visit or enter these sites without a valid tourist ticket, and it is not possible to buy an individual entry ticket for any single site, which is included on the tourist ticket. In this article you will read more: Boleto Turistico Cusco: All you need to know.
Q: What places does the Boleto Turistico Cusco include?
A: There are four types of tickets: the comprehensive Ticket and three partial tickets.
|Ticket Type||Places included:|
|Circuit Ticket 1|
|Circuit Ticket 2|
|Circuit Ticket 3|
Boleto Turistico Cusco: All you need to know – more specifics:
Comprehensive ticket: 16 tourist attractions
- This tourist ticket allows you to enter the 16 main attractions in the city of Cusco. This is what most people refer to as thé Boleto Turistico, the main one that includes it ‘all’. It allows you to visit all the places included in the three partial tickets (tourist circuits 1, 2 and 3.)
- After purchasing this Boleto Turístico, you will have 10 days to visit the 16 places included.
Ticket circuit 1: Cusco archaeological sites
- This ticket includes a visit to the main archaeological parks in the city of Cusco.
- After purchasing this ticket, you will have one day to visit the four tourist places included on the ticket.
- This ticket will be required for the famous Cusco City Tour. Please ask your agency if the ticket is included in the tour price or not.
Ticket circuit 2: Museums and South Valley
- This ticket offers entry to the main museums in the city of Cusco as well as the main archaeological sites in the South Valley of Cusco.
- After purchasing this ticket, the tourist will have two days to visit the eight tourist attractions included on the ticket.
- This ticket is needed to participate in the ‘South Valley Tour” of Cusco. Please ask your agency if the ticket is included or not.
Ticket circuit 3: Archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- This ticket offers a visit to the main tourist attractions in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, an agricultural and urban area of great importance during the Inca empire.
- The ticket is valid for two days.
- The ticket does not include the entrance to the Salineras de Maras or the Maras Salt Mines.
- This ticket is necessary to do the renowned “Sacred Valley Tour of 1 day.” Please ask your agency if the ticket is included in the tour price or not.
Q: Where can I buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
- A: COSITUC : Tourist Galleries, Av. El Sol No. 103, Cusco (Mon-Fri from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- OFEC: Calle Garcilaso s / n, Cusco (Mon-Sat from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sundays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- At the sites included on the ticket (except the Museum of Contemporary Art and Pachacútec Monument)
- If you are booking with a tourist agency they can also purchase the tickets for you.
- There is no e-ticket and you cannot buy the Cusco tourist ticket online
Q: What is the cost of the tourist ticket?
|Tourist Ticket Cusco||For Foreigners||For Peruvians||Validity|
|General Ticket||PEN S /. 130.00*||PEN S /. 70.00||10 days|
|Student Ticket||PEN S /. 70.00||PEN S /. 40.00||10 days|
|Partial Ticket Circuit 1||PEN S /. 70.00||PEN S /. 40.00||1 day|
|Partial Ticket Circuit 2||PEN S /. 70.00||PEN S /. 40.00||2 days|
|Partial Ticket Circuit 3||PEN S /. 70.00||PEN S /. 40.00||2 days|
*exchange rate updated May 2021: $ 1 = PEN S/ 3,80
Q: Are there any discounts for the tourist ticket?
A: University students and those between 10 and 17 years old pay PEN S/. 70 for the General Ticket. For the partial ticket, there is no special price for students.
- University students must purchase the ticket with their physical ISIC card. They must also be under 25 years old at the time of their visit in Cusco. It is also mandatory to show a copy of the student’s identity document (or passport).
- The ticket is free for children 9 and under
Q: What places are not included on the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
A: The following tourist attractions in Cusco are not included in the Boleto Turistico Cusco. To visit them, the visitor must buy the following tickets:
- Entrance tickets Machu Picchu, Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Cusco Religious Circuit Tickets – The Cathedral, Church of San Blas, Archbishop’s Palace and Chapel of San Cristóbal.
- Ticket to the Mountain of 7 Colors (Rainbow Mountain)
- Entrance to The Maras Salt Mines
Other Important information for the Boleto Turistico Cusco or Tourist Ticket:
- Does not include guide or transportation services.
- The validity of the tourist ticket starts from the day of purchase (check the validity on each ticket).
- The ticket can only be used once at each tourist attraction.
- You do not need to book the Cusco Tourist Ticket in advance; you can buy it in person, once in Cusco. It is also possible another person (e.g. a friend, or a tour guide), or a travel agency buys it for you.
Do you have questions or need assistance planning your tours in Cusco?
Feel free to contact one of our trip counselors.
A final note:
|Due to the Corona pandemic, the hours of attention of the tourist sites have changed. Please make sure to inform yourself properly before visiting a site.|
For the regional Historical Museum, a reservation is needed. Some sites have a special protocol for visitors. The Qosqo Center for Native Art, the Pachacutec Monument, the Qoricancha Site Museum and the Popular Art Museum will remain closed until further notice.