We meet in the morning and go directly to the Q'orikancha or Temple of the Sun to hail the procession of the Sun's Representative or head Inca to the Wakaypata (Cusco's main plaza). From here the procession ascends to Sacsayhuaman and we follow it along this route.
At around noon, we will have our box lunch. After this we will witness traditional dances from all corners of the Incan empire and the rituals of the Incan sun worship. We will see different Andean tribes bring offerings, carry out rituals and wear typical clothing.
Every year around the 24th
Price: Contact us
Please note that all itineraries are subject to change
Bring With You
- Day Pack
- Good Shoes
- Rain Jacket or a Poncho
- Hat or Cap to protect you from the sun or the cold
- Sun Block
- Water and Snacks
- Boleto Turistico
- ISIC Card, if applicable
- Professional trilingual guide (English/Spanish/Quechua)
- Entrance to the festival in Sacsayhuaman
- Preferential seating
- Box lunch
- Transfer - if this is from somewhere outside of the city, this can be done at an extra cost since the pickups are done on foot and only in the city centre.
- Water & Snacks
- Possibly the most important thing to consider: Tips for your guide