Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (SMAPI)
A remote and ancient footpath in the same region of the Inca trail, but less traveled with more spectacular views.
A magnificent wilderness alternative for those who wish to escape
the more congested trekking routes or those who are looking for alternative if the traditional Inca Trail has no spaces available.
05:00 bus to Mollepata
10:00 start hike
18:00 dinner & camp
05:00 visit to Machu Picchu
16:00 train back to Cusco
Leaving: in highseason daily
Transport: bus & train
Length: 5 days/ 4 nights
Bring With You
- Personal things;
- Warm and Light clothes;
- Camera, films, battery´s;
- Sun Block and Insect Repellent;
- Hiking Shoes;
- Flash Light;
- Sleeping Bag;
- 01 liter of water;
- Water Purifying tablets.
- Professional bilingual guide (English – Spanish);
- Horses to carry your personal belongings, food, and camping equipment;
- Pre-departure orientation meeting, (5.30pm 2 days before departure at the Dos Manos office);
- Transport from your hotel in Cusco Cusco to Cruzpata;
- Double occupancy tents (all new equipment!) with foam mattresses;
- Camping Equipment: kitchen tent, dining tent, chairs, tables, toilet at all campsites;
- All meals, snacks and coffee/tea breaks;
- First aid kit + oxygen;
- Radios for communication in case of emergencies;
- 1 night in a hostel in Aguas Calientes (double rooms);
- Return bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes;
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu;
- Train back to Cusco (standard Backpacker Service, if you would like to make a change to the service, or request a specific departure time, please let us know);
- Transfer from the train station back to accommodation in Cusco.
- Sleeping Bag;
- Busticket from Machu Picchu to trainstation;
- Breakfast at Day 01;
- Lunch and Dinner at Day 05;
- Entrance fee to the Salkantay Trail S/.60 (around $22).
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes;
- Upgraded Hotel in Aguas Calientes on Day 04.
- Carriers of an ISIC card receive a discount.
- Upgrade your hotel in Aguas Calientes or pay single room supplement
- Contact us for sleepin bag rental or horse rental (to carry your luggage during the trek)
- Upgrade your return train (check the update Price, aproximately US$ 30)
- Dos Manos offers special prices on fixed departure dates, check and get a great discount.
- The Salkantay Trek in Peru to Machu Picchu is said to be ‘more difficult’ than the Inca trail. If you ar worried, horses can be rented to carry food and equipment, contact us for more information.
- On the other hand, the Salkantay is a well known alternative for the Inca Trail to Machu picchu not only for the hard core trekker. And the efforts are worth it: the Salkantay is also said to be less touristy and the natural scenery and views are amazing.
- Minimum number of people required to run the trek, please check.
Vielleicht wollen Sie auch zu lesen:
Mehr Treks nach Machu Picchu
Der Inka-Pfad mit Machu Picchu als Endziel ist die bekannteste und beliebteste Wanderung für Touristen...
Dies ist die gekürzte Version des berühmten und außergewöhnlichen Inka-Pfades für jene...
The archeological monument of Choquekiraw corresponds with an Inca City which has scattered sectors with divers ...
This is a very nice trip if you like hiking, being in the middle of nowhere (just being surrounded by nature) ...